Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Book Review: How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True

       Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts… I have not been very inspired lately (ugh!). I just finished a book today though so I figured I would write a review!

       Let's start off with saying that I had very high hopes for "How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True" by Sarah Strohmeyer because I loved her previous book "Smart Girls Get What They Want". I would rate her newest novel as a 4 out of 5. This read follows Zoe, a high school senior, through the twists and turns of her summer internship at Fairyland as the Queen's personal assistant. When she gets caught breaking the rules, her chances of winning the $25,000 Dream and Do award could be jeopardized. As she finds herself in the middle of some major drama, will she be able to fix everything under the radar, get the guy, and please the Queen? (Be prepared for some plot twists!)

       Honestly, I couldn't relate to Zoe very much. Don't get me wrong, she was an incredibly amiable, witty, smart and outgoing character, but I just didn't feel as connected to her as I have to other characters. Besides Zoe, all the characters were very well thought out and had their own personalities. Sometimes I find that I feel as if I have already read about a character because he or she is such a typical young adult-novel person, but the characters in this novel were not like that. Sure, they were a bit cliche, but they all had their quirks.

       Seeing that the book is set in Fairyland, I had a huge craving to go to Disney. It brought back so many memories what with all the rides and princesses and such. If internships at Disney are like that, sign me up! All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed "How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True" and it is a fabulous beach read (or summer read, if you're like me and don't have a beach to go to!). Quick and light-hearted.

Grab the book here!  

I hope you enjoyed! I'm still not the best summarizer, but don't be discouraged, I am working on it! Stay tuned for some more book reviews in the coming weeks, including: "The Corner of Bitter and Sweet", "Summer on the Short Bus" and "Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek". Hopefully I will be able to include some pictures for a few!

Au Revoir!

"Reading a book gives us somewhere to go when we stay where we are."

No comments:

Post a Comment