Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Favorites: Books, Music, Fashion & Beauty

Hey everyone! I have some favorites for you! There aren't a ton, but there are some really good ones! Just so you know, I don't reread a lot of books, but I cannot go a summer without reading my first two book favorites! I have linked the books and most of the items so you can find them.

Books:

  1. The Penderwicks series by Jeanne Birdsall 
  2. Summerhouse Time by Eileen Spinelli 
  3. Made of Stars by Kelley York
  4. Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita (and its companion novel, Summer State of Mind)
  5. Paper Towns by John Green
  6. The Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard
Music:

  1. Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer
  2. Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson
  3. Best Song Ever by One Direction
  4. Wings by Little Mix
  5. Live While We're Young by One Direction
  6. Brave by Sara Bareilles
  7. Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's
  8. Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato
  9. Summer's Not Hot by Selena Gomez
  10. Undefeated by Jason Derulo
  11. We Are Who We Are by Little Mix
  12. Heartbreak Girl by 5 Seconds of Summer
Fashion:
  1. Printed shorts- So cute and some of them feel like you're wearing pajamas! My favorites are these flowered ones and this black and white pair from Macy's. 
  2. "Leather" sandals- They make any outfit instantly look put together! For a higher end pair I love these. For a lower priced option, this pair is amazing (bonus! right now they are half off!). 
  3. Plain tee shirts- Incredibly versatile. I love adding a necklace or wearing them with my printed shorts. 
  4. White dresses- You just look so tan! Unfortunately, the one I purchased from Macy's is no longer available but I adore this and this
  5. Crossbody bags- Soooo much less annoying than carrying a shoulder bag! I love this one from Fossil and this one from Forever 21. 
Beauty: (I apologize for the lack of products, but I don't wear much make up or anything)
  1. Burt's Bees Hydrating Coconut and Pear lip balm- this stuff really keeps your lips moisturized for a long time… it's actually better than, dare I say it, my eos lip balm. Plus, it smells amazing! Buy it here
  2. Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry- Such a perfect pink for summer! Just enough color and super moisturizing (I always use a lip balm before though- double duty!). Grab it here or at most department stores (i.e. Macy's, Younkers, etc.). 
  3. Simple Moisturizer- This stuff really works. It was literally the only moisturizer that could cure my dry skin. I tried so many- even Clinique and CeraVe! Definitely a staple. For some reason the one I use I can't find online, but I will link their website here.
  4. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM with SPF 30- I know I said that this isn't a great moisturizer, and it's not the best, but the SPF part is very good. I recently took a summer gym class, which was at least 2-3 hours out in the sun. I didn't use any sunscreen other than this and my face never burned once! Buy it here.
  5. Dove Solid Deodorant: go fresh Cool Essentials in cucumber and green tea- Okay, I know no one talks about deodorant, but everyone uses it. This works great and smells great, too! You can find it here or at Target or drugstores. 
So there you have it! Sorry there are no pictures or anything… I have to sort out some camera problems and figure out how to take good pictures. I will be setting up an email for this, so feel free to email if you have any comments about things that could be better with the blog or posts you want to see. I will try to post once or twice a week! 
I also have a Polyvore so follow me on there! I usually follow back! (It will be linked in the 'Contact' tab). 

Au Revoir! 

"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."



No comments:

Post a Comment