Friday, August 15, 2014

Mwah Lip Balm Slider Tub Review

Hi guys! Today it is a product review with pictures! Be warned, it could get ugly. I will be reviewing the Mwah lip balm in the flavor coconut chick that I purchased at Ulta (you can get it here).



I was roped into buying this product after seeing it in a magazine because they have very good ads (and look at the packaging- how can you resist that?). It is also "99% Natural, Solar-Factory Made, and Never Tested on Animals" as stated by the Ulta website, and let me tell you, I am always looking for a good natural lip balm. After having it on my wish list for months, I finally saw it in Ulta and bought it. Once I was in the car, I ripped it out of its plastic wrap and tried it. Boy, was I disappointed. Okay, so let's start with the packaging. It is this amazing soft plastic stuff (you know what I'm talking about!) and it's bright and fun. The lip balm slides out of the cover completely and you have to apply it with your finger.



That brings me to the product itself. Gosh. I literally have no words. It was that bad. I have nothing against applying lip balm with my finger (although it is not ideal), but I couldn't even get any product out! It was so hard, very unlike the more creamy lip balms out there, and I had been carrying it around with me in my purse, no doubt getting warm, for a while. At one point, I tried scraping some product out but that didn't even work. The little product I could get out was more of an oil consistency and didn't even taste very good even though the reviews I read raved about it. The smell wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I mean, you could tell it was coconut, but to me it didn't seem like a true coconut scent.

Overall, I would give this a 1.5/5 because I couldn't get the product out, it didn't smell or taste good, and it didn't seem very moisturizing, thus a complete waste of about $4. It does have good packaging though (hence the 1.5)!

Have you tried this out? If so, tell me what you think of it!

Au Revoir!

"Look ahead that is where your future lives"

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, it sucks when you buy something and it's nowhere near as good as you expect it to be - I'm surprised you gave it 1.5! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... Maybe you got a bad one. I got one from Amazon today & it's not hard or difficult to apply. It's not the most amazing lip balm ever but it's wearable. I'd give it a 2.5/5.

    ReplyDelete